Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Writing Standard

Standard :
Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization,and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience. (Grade-specific expectations for writing types are defined in standards 1–3 above.)




1



SCHOOL EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: Please list school extra-curricular activities in which you have participated.  Note leadership roles and dates.



  • Upward Bound (2011-2015) 
  • Volleyball JV Captain (2013) 
  • Volleyball (2013-2015)
  • FFA - Opening and Closing Ceremonies (2014) 
  • Office Technology (2014)
  • Student Council: Class Officer Treasurer (2015)
  • My Life Program (2015)
  • Softball (2015)



2



AREA OF STUDY: What do you want to study and why? 



When I first began applying for colleges in October, I was certain that I wanted to study Interior Design. It was an interest that I had discovered a few years back. But it was not until I attended a Saturday session with Upward Bound that changed my mind. I attended the 7th Annual Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Conference at Reedley College. The STEM Conference gave me the opportunity to discover another career option that I had not yet considered. The nursing opportunities session made an incredible impact on my career decision. I want to study nursing because it goes beyond serving oneself. Its a modest career that enables you to make a difference in someone's life. The experiences of being a nurse are indescribable. It is not just about knowing what to do or being the smartest but being compassionate towards each person and being there for them in their worst or best moments. Choosing to major in nursing as opposed to Interior design made me realize that being there for someone means so much more than any materialistic object. Knowing that my efforts will be significant is definitely a career I want to pursue.



3



ORGANIZATIONS: Please list community organizations such as service, volunteer and religious organizations in which you are now active or have previously been active.  Note leadership roles and dates.



  • Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima: Pamphlets (2011-2013)
  • Upward Bound: Camp El-O-Win (2012-2013)
  • Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima: Breakfast Takeout (2013)   



4



RECOGNITIONS: Please list important awards and recognitions received.  Note organizations presenting honor and date.
  • Academics Certificate: Top student in Spanish 1 (2012) 
  • Academics Certificate: Top student in Geometry (2012) 
  • Academic Award: 3.6 GPA or higher (2012)
  • Volleyball Athletic Award (2012-2014)
  • Upward Bound: Director's Award (2013) 
  • Upward Bound: Certificate of Appreciation (2013)
  • FFA: Opening and Closing Ceremonies: Outstanding President (2014)
  • Office Technology: Certificate of Completion (2014)



5



GOALS:  What are the short and long term goals for your life?
My short goals are to continue to work on my persona. I believe in creativity and spirituality. I believe in individuality, the development of building character, and internal strength. I would like to grow as an independent individual, and continue with my education by attending a four year university. My future goals consist of completing my career as an advanced nurse, get married, form my own family, and travel. I would like to explore new countries, learn about their cultures, and aid less developing nations with medical care.



6



NEED:  Please explain your need for this Scholarship
                     My parents did not have the opportunity to pursue a higher education, so they have pushed my siblings and I to go after one. Having your first child go to college was a big thing, but having two go to college is the greatest pride we can give our parents. My parents would give anything to help us economically, but its tough when you come from a low-income family and when your father has not fully recovered from temporary disability.This scholarship would greatly be beneficial to me and my family because it would definitely contribute to not just my education but my sisters as well, it would be an immense alleviation for my parents.



7



CAREER PLANS: What are your career plans and what would you like to be doing in 10 years?
My career plans are to attend and graduate Fresno State with my Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) and work my way up the ladder while working in the field. Later in my career I would like to obtain my Masters of Science in Nursing Degree (MSN) and become a registered Nurse and then become an advanced practice nurse. Throughout my nursing career, I would like to experience the opportunity to work in all types of work settings such as nursing care facilities, patient's homes, schools, travel, hospital, and physician's office. In ten years I would like to provide my own independent practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment